Monday, November 14, 2011

6 hours

I had this amazing train ride from Kiev this evening.  Unlike the many others I have taken in the past year, I wrote down my thoughts in pen and just let my hand glide over the paper without even thinking for a moment.  I couldn't believe that I was able to just let my hand do all this thinking without stopping and I filled up a few pieces of paper (any that I could get my hand on).


It was totally addicting.  I couldn't believe that I could just let my hand go off, writing down every last thing that was buzzing around in my head.  Starting from how I felt at that moment, into last week, and into this whole being (not human - simply as) in any part of my mind that my hand decided was worth to put into ink.


I started saying goodbye to volunteers this past week while I was in Kiev.  It was quite strange.  A year seems very far from now (although oddly enough, when I think about the next two months, time flies) but I can imagine that those who are leaving this week felt about the same as I do currently - contemplative, excited for travels this winter (!), wondering how to teach about Thanksgiving effectively, schedule crazed...


We only get so many moments in our lifetime.  Why waste them on moments of insecurity, non-opportunity, indecisiveness, obscurity and clouds?  Cheers to the next year+ of service.


No comments:

Post a Comment