The weather has turned hot and I am sweating on the way to anywhere! I have done a lot of traveling around and feel like I have been in transit for almost the past month, and May's plans are not helping the momentum but I am grateful for any business that keeps me distracted.
Before I dive into photos, the most important thing that happened to me this past weekend was reflection on my current self. You'll see two photos from a seder that Jeremy and I prepared for other volunteers, and during that seder we asked questions to reflect on a volunteer's life: Why is this year different from all other years? What enslaves us? What does freedom mean? When is it enough? What do I know about myself now? I am lucky that I can answer these questions, and that even though they are hard to answer, the answer is still mine and no one else's. I am headed out of Egypt.
1. I went to Simferopol to visit Colette and there I was greeted by other volunteers. On the first day we went on a tour of Bakchisaray with Nitai, another volunteer, and his mother, Avia.
A view of the cliffs from the Tatar restaurant. Lagman soup is the best.

We came across a HUGE Karaite cemetery filled with hundreds of tombstones written in Hebrew.
2. On the second day there, Colette and I teamed up with two other volunteers (Adrianne and Aubree) to explore Sudak.
Fortress.
A view from the top hill.
3. The next weekend I found myself back in Kiev for a wonderful weekend, but the highlight was when I joined other volunteers to experience a Passover seder. Jeremy and I spent the whole day cooking and preparing and it ended up being fantastic and more beautiful than I had expected.

Enjoying "Shulchan Orech."
Me and Jeremy finally taking a load off after a whole day of work.
Keep on keeping on!
No comments:
Post a Comment