Thursday, April 21, 2011

luck

This week started my favorite holiday in the entire world. Sages taught us that at this time of year, we are to fully cleanse ourselves of our "chametz," our ego, our demons, and start the process of becoming a full once more. To search for these moments of damage, we are commanded to use a small flame. This flame prevents us from a quick clean up, and forces us into a spiritual reflection that comes at a time when flowers are blooming and the sun is finally shining. I am at a point in my life where I need to reevaluate my character, and I am lucky to do it when I can physically begin this process and then move slowly inwards without missing a crumb.

At this very point in the year, I am blessed to have a name that means two things: (1) Father of Dew and (2) I will bring the dew. My parents gave me this name without knowing the full impact it would have on my life, an impact that I can accredit to my current service and my devotion to positive change. I was born on this day, the very day that carries so much meaning about process, growing, development and life - and then my name only added meaning to those very values.

"Dew is modest. It comes and covers our earth without anyone ever raising a brow."

I must be very lucky to always be growing up.

Chag Sameach; Happy Holidays; Enjoy the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment