However, what I am most blessed about is that I get to experience my last Shabbat with my family this coming weekend. Last Shabbat was a bust, excuse me, fast, and even though Yom Kippur is one of the most beautiful holidays because of what it stands for (change, reflection, newness, happiness), all I really wanted was a run-of-the-mill Shabbat... and I get it!
The other night I went to meet Gilad for beer and it was a total fail. I guess other people enjoy beer, too. So, while we were off trying to find another place to hang, Ima spent her night in a bookstore reading about Ukraina and I learned a few new things!
1. Ukraine's national flower is the sunflower and my favorite flower is the sunflower!
2. Ukrainians love flowers and it's a really good gift but only in odd numbers and never more than 9.
3. Ukrainians generally grow their own produce which means that it's not far off from that other place I love...
All of my things have to do with the earth. So crunchy.
Wow, you haven't packed yet! I'm impressed... I just get too excited about packing and like to pack super early if I have the time (which I do, since I just sit at home all day like I'm unemployed). I also read flowers are good in only odd numbers, but didn't know about the less than 9 thing, thats good to know!
ReplyDeleteHey Roni's favorite flower is the sunflower as well! B'hatzlecha, we are so excited for you!
ReplyDelete