Rosh Hashanah comes around every single year (ha) in order to mark the beginning, of well, anything I choose. Coincidentally, in just two weeks time, I will be beginning a new chapter in my life as a Peace Corps volunteer. I find it very fitting that I should begin my new life in a clean and fresh way, with a shofar sound blasting through a hall, calling out to the heavens that I am ready to make change, and be changed.
I wish everyone I love a happy new year, a shana tovah, and that each of us will begin this year with only the goal of looking forward, and not looking back. Our main goal in life is to go up, and with the new year in front of us, I only plan to do so.
HI Avital,
ReplyDeleteJust me, Dennis - there is so much richness in your journal, so much that is evocative. What I can say in response deals with your references to Ukrainian history (naturally). It's a region that is fraught with the burden of a difficult past, divided loyalties and identities, but also with what strikes me as a collective determination to craft a hopeful future. I am sure you are learning a lot, likely especially about yourself. Many warm regards, Dennis