I am very nervous to publish my first blog post post-Peace Corps.
The past few months have been challenging, but a different type of challenging that is so far from what I was used to experiencing while I was in Peace Corps. In Ukraine, I was making the active choice to be in a foreign country, work in a foreign school, eat foreign food and meet foreign friends. My life, at times, was sad and draining and difficult, but it was the choice I made in order to be a better person. I believed that traveling across the world would reveal certain parts of my personality, and that I would grow to know myself a little bit better. I was right. I grew a ton and know a lot more about myself and I am fully confident that the choice to join the Peace Corps was the only right choice.
So, in the spirit of trying to get back on track and to keep myself interesting and focused, I am going to re-amp and re-up by taking on this blog again and to start considering my thoughts more seriously. This blog used to serve as a place to exercise my brain, and that is what I need to do to get myself to be active in my life.
The past three months have been busy, but not active and I need to remind myself that being interesting means making choices - getting back out there and learning, taking classes, meeting people, showing up and most of all, being and thinking about what I want and going for it.
The end? No, a new beginning.
13 years ago
keep going!....
ReplyDelete