This weeks marks a year living in Dnepropetrovsk (whaaaa!). Yes, I know that I'm a few days short of the big day, but heck, my thoughts, my blog, my time - and I want to write! So, hmm, shoop, sigh, uh, what now? I've been living here for a year and I don't even know what to say for it. I could be cheesy (check) and write something totally over the top and reflective, but I'm not in that type of mood currently. I'm more just amazed at time's incredibly ability to speed up without notice.
I feel like I was just celebrating Thanksgiving and running to Kharkiv for a camp on multiculturalism, and then proceeded to run a seminar on globalization (killah) in Krivoy RIg, and then was able to finally enjoy Dnepropetrovsk with friends here, but ran again to Caroline's village for a teaching seminar. In a few days, I'm on the run again to Crimea to celebrate one year with the people that I was separated from a year back. I think my feet move faster than I am able to process my thinking.
It's totally okay to move around and dance and run and burn bright and sing out loud and go out late and dress up (or down- GASP UKRAINE!) and spend money and be tired and shout from lungs and clap for friends and speak loudly and make a mess... hey, as long as there's action, it's a sign that there is breath. Making choices and doing things are all a part of the experience.
Cheers to running and movement. Congratulations to volunteers who never stop. Hear, hear to those who always look ahead. Molodyetz to people who keep going forward without looking back. УМНИЧКА. Special shout out to Colette Sims, Courtney Koch, Andrew Shell, Anand Shivaprasad, Nicole Porter, Caroline Turner, Jeremy Borovitz and Catherine Kelly who keep my feet at pace.
I also really like this song and when I listen to it I want to grab my hairbrush and perform to my mirror.
The end? No, a new beginning.
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment