Sunday, December 19, 2010

It's up to you, Dnepropetrovsk

To begin is a funny verb. It denotes this whole grand meaning of new. It's this amazing verb that allows a fresh start and gives a person the ability to take a step back and reevaluate commitments, ideas, values... or just when you use the word to talk about beginning a new book, or beginning a tour, or beginning a lesson... My head is just rambling on the word "begin."

Now, I am beginning officially my Peace Corps service. On Thursday at 12PM I began reciting an oath to serve the United States government, and the people of Ukraine. On Friday morning, I began exploring my new city of Dnepropetrovsk. This week, I begin teaching English to Ukrainian students. I have begun creating a friendship with my new Ukrainian counterpart, Valery. I will begin a new year in just about 12 days. Be sure to begin learning about this amazing city :)!

Things to consider about beginnings:

1. Not always easy
2. A lot of work
3. Do not determine everything
4. Can always be redone; not the "end all-be all"
5. @!$Y%U&EEWAFGI&^ AHHH!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment